Terms and Conditions
1. It is the policy of Ambassador-Line not to accept provisional bookings.
2. Telephone bookings can be made and are confirmed at the time of the telephone conversation. Alterations can be made to your booking by informing us in writing of your intended changes. Ambassador-Line do not charge an administration fee for this service however should your changes include additional hours/miles, current charges will apply.
Additional hours/miles can be provided at the discretion of the driver at the time of travel and are dependant upon his workload and his compliance with driver's hours and regulations. A free waiting period of 15 minutes is allowed starting from the pre-arranged collection time. After this free period, charges for extra time must be paid to the driver prior to departure.
3. A written confirmation/invoice shall be sent to you once your booking has been confirmed stating the following:- The pick up time, pick up address, destination, return time, minibus/coach size and the total cost of your travel. The confirmation document will also inform you as to when the total amount/deposit should be paid. If the amount due is not paid by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking without prior notice. If this action is necessary and we are unable to re-book the coach that you reserved, a cancellation charge will apply.
If you need to cancel your booking for any reason the following charges will be incurred :
- Cancellation giving fourteen days notice...................... No charge
- Cancellation between fourteen and seven days.......... 50% of booking
- Cancellation of less than seven days notice............... 100% of booking
4. It is our obligation to provide vehicles that are suitable for the purpose for which they are hired. We maintain our vehicles to the highest standard and should a breakdown occur, we guarantee to send a replacement minibus/coach or to provide alternative transport of an equal standard. We reserve the right to extend your journey by up to two hours without additional cost to ourselves in the case of a breakdown occurring. We cannot accept responsibility for any delays to your itinerary due to road traffic conditions, weather, road closures or any other obstacles which may cause a delay that is beyond our control. Unless specifically requested we cannot guarantee to use a particular route.
5. We reserve the right to subcontract your booking to another approved operator.
6. Smoking is not allowed on any of our minibuses/coaches at any time.
7. Alcohol, bottles & glasses are not allowed on any of our minibuses/coaches at any time. If alcohol, bottles & glasses are brought on board without the drivers consent, we reserve the right to terminate your hire immediately. We will not accept responsibility for any costs incurred for your onward journey.
8. Food and drink must not be consumed on board any of our minibuses/coaches.
9. A charge of £40.00 for the valeting of the minibus/coach will be made in the event of sickness which causes any of the soft furnishings to be made dirty. If the minibus/coach is not available for use on the next booked hire due to sickness, additional charges for loss of earnings may apply.
10. Passengers may request that personally provided music (tape or cd) are played whilst the vehicle is moving. However the suitability of such shall rest with the driver's discretion. Under no circumstances are passengers to operate the equipment themselves.
11. Personal property taken on board the minibuses/coaches is taken on board entirely at the owner's risk. Ambassador-Line cannot accept responsibility for items that are lost or stolen. Lost property shall be kept for three months at the appropriate office. If you require us to post the lost property to you, a stamped addressed package for this purpose must be provided.
12. Conditions of carriage When you travel on an aircraft, train, ship the conditions of carriage of the operator apply and are subject to national and international conditions which may limit or exclude liability. Your contract made under the terms and conditions of this agreement is subject to English Law and jurisdiction, the public service vehicle (conduct of drivers, conductors and passenger) regulations as amended 1936 apply to all coaches, throughout any hire within the UK.
13. The person booking with Ambassador-Line agrees on behalf of all passengers to accept responsibility for any damage caused to the vehicle and its equipment (this includes the valeting of any vehicle or item should they be made unnecessarily dirty).
14. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time during your journey if the conduct of your group is such that the driver feels that they or/and the minibus/coach are in jeopardy. In such cases no refund will be made and additional charges may be made for valeting the minibus/coach or replacing damaged equipment and fittings.